So y'all out there think Florida is a mecca for the retired. Well I am here to tell you some the most fantastic things about the fair state that we Espo's call home.
1. P and T got to see a night launch of the space shuttle last night. It was like watching a sunrise at 7:55 at night. The giant fire ball as they have now started calling it was amazing to see. We even could follow the rocket boosters as they fell into the ocean. T at bedtime wanted to go back outside and see another launch because according to her 2 year old wisdom they would just do another one in a few minutes and she could see it again. Yeah, still trying to explain that to her a day later.
2. This is not so great. We Espo's have now gotten into the habit of taking our shoes off when coming into the house, this is due to the wall to wall carpeting that I keep threatening to rip up. Well, Daddy Espo left his work sneakers on the back patio in the screen enclosure next to ( Let me emphasize this point!), directly next to the sliding glass door that we leave open because the weather is cooling off. I see him throw his shoe against the wall and then pound on the glass, that thank goodness, my children have closed. He begins pointing. I look down and crawling, yes crawling out of his show is a snake. He began to put the shoe on to do a little yard work and felt something funny. I'll say. I ran for the machete and he began to use the pool skimmer on a long pole to kindly usher this unwelcome guest away from our door. T watched the whole thing and thought it was soooo funny. Well sadly Mr. No Shoulders is no longer with us. It turns out he was not poisonous or I would have been calling venom 911 out of Miami to come an issue an anti venom shot to Daddy Espo.
As you can clearly see Florida has some fantastic things about it, and well lets face it some things that we could all do with out.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment